Tako was once a nameless Octopus on Earth, a wannabe comedy artist who had unfavorable experiences on the set of the movies Octopus-Sea, where he was rejected for failing to obtain a License to Chill, and later Monsters, Ink, where his career was quickly ended due to firing ink at his critics.
He chose to travel the universe to find his place, and become a real entertainer.
He became the "Dreams n' Hopes Programmer", giving the dreams to the people of the stars who argued there is neither dream or hope, and even those that forgot their dreams.
At a later date, he heard that the people of the Earth, where he had once spent his career, were losing their dreams.
He became sworn enemies with the cause: Bug.
Bug devoured and corroded the dreams and hopes that Tako programmed and gave to the people. His appearance was always sudden, often whilst Tako was on his break.
- M = Missile, "NUKE'EM"
- D = Double, "2DEATH"
- L = Laser, "DIE ALL"
- O = Shadow Option, "NINJA"
- ? = Shield, "ARMORED"
- Balloon Penta: Tako makes a cameo appearance in Balloon Penta, where he is one of the characters in the game.
- Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero: Tako is one of the creatures in the game.
- Krazy Kart Racing: Tako is a playable character in the game.
- Super Bomberman R: Tako appears as Octopus Bomber in the game.
- Pixel Puzzle Collection: Tako appears as a sprite in the game.
- Professional Baseball Spirits A: Tako appears as a supportive character in the game.
- His name literally means "Octopus" in Japanese.
- Takkon, an enemy from TwinBee 3: Poko Poko Daimaō, is very similar to Tako, both in its looks and name. However, it's unknown if they are related to each other.
- Tako's wife name Noriko is based on Noriko Ohara, the voice actress who did the narration of the second player in the PSX and Saturn ports of Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius.
- In Bomberman Generation, a continent called Tentasia shares a striking resemblance in shape and design to Tako; even the bandana on Tako's head has been crafted into the continental shape.
|Characters||Tako • Vic Viper • Penta • Goemon • Popolon|
|Stages||Ur Star • Game Star • Annoying Star • Stray Star • Mystic Star • The Star • Extra Stage|
|Bosses||Big Moai • Big Penguin • Bug-Misfit • Jan Ken Pon • Tenuki Tenuki Buzz • Cute Bills • Maids • Bug-Mayhem • Ge Ge Ge Aunt • Bug-Abaddon • Organ • Bug|
|Characters||Tako • Vic Viper • Pentaro • TwinBee|
|Stages||Pirate Island • Las Vegas • Labyrinth • Amusement Park (FC) • Crystal Cave (GB) • Japan • Moai Battleship • Pachinko • Clouds and Bubbles • Ice Cave • Night of the Living Dead • Public Bath (SNES) • Zeo's Fortress|
|Bosses||Cat Battleship • Captain Penguinovski the 3rd • Chichibinta Rika • Eagle Eagle Sabnosuke • Hot Lips • Pig Tide • Yoshiko • Viva Core • Honey Miyako • Pooyan • Iron Maiden MK III • Yoshiwara Dayuu • Showering Beauty • Golgotha Takobee|
|Port Exclusive||Miss Mishitarina • Madam of Yotsuya Q • Viking Moai • Woon Botton • Tako Hyuuma • Penguin Bomb • Crystal Golem • Penguin Conducter • Pinwall • Marvelous Green Mantle • Great Gourmet King Manjiri Kun • Super DX Emperor Penguin|