It appears as the final boss of the Boss Rush and is piloted by the Gofer Sisters.
- Fires a cluster of bullets that expand in different directions.
- Expands its wings and shoots slow moving pink lasers; the core then fires blue energy balls at the player. The pink lasers have gaps in them, which help in avoiding the energy balls.
- Fires four large green lasers (which will form three gaps). It then fires two lasers per gap which rebounds on the larger lasers. The lasers rebound in different ways depending on the gap. It then skews the direction of the rebounds by tilting its direction slightly downward and then upward.
- Expands itself and spins toward the left, and then back to the right. The player must avoid this by timing when the wings are not blocking the way. The player automatically dies if they are swiped with Odin Core's wings. It settles itself on the left side of the screen afterward.
- While on the left side of the screen, it fires orange beams that first fire straight and then home in to the player's direction. After some time, it starts shooting at a faster rate.
- Some Gradius fans have called the Odin Core as Heaven's Gate Mk. II as it also has expandable wings and a routine which involves weaving through lasers.
- Like Salamander 2 and Nemesis 2 before it and as opposed to the Gradius and Parodius series, this final boss fights back. Hard.
- Odin is a major god in Norse mythology. His role, like that of many of the Norse gods, is complex. Odin is a principal member of the Aesir (Norse Pantheon) and is associated with wisdom, war, battle and death. Also magic, poetry, prophecy and the hunt.
|Big Cores||Big Core MK I • Big Core MK-I Rev.2 • Big Core MK II • Big Core MK II Kai • Big Core MK III • Big Core MK IV|
|Big Core variants||Beacon • Blaster Cannon Core • Bubble Core • Circle Core • Coreship • Crater Core • Crystal Core • Dellinger Core • Desert Core • Heaven's Gate • Juggler Core • Laser Core • Lizard Core • Neo Big Core • Perla Meralda • Rexion Core • Rolling Core • Shining Core • Super Big Core • Terra Core • Vanishing Core • Genocide Core • Odin Core|
|Core-style bosses||Abaddon Warship • Covered Core • Covered Core MK II • Dead End • Kraken • Mayhem Warship • Metal Slave • Misfit Warship • Queensrÿche • Riot Warship • Plate Core|
|Pseudo-Cores||Death • Death MK II (DeathDouble) • Death MK III • Beta Core • Nobil • Triple Core • Crash Bam|
|Tetran variants||Tetran (Zylom) • Covered Tetran • Crystal Core D-X02 • Laser Tetran • Tenny Rop|
|Parody Cores||Candy Core • Decoration Core • Decoration Core MK II • Viva Core|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.