The super spatiotemporal fighter Metalion is the first space fighter equipped with the Hyperdrive System 11 psychic/Wreek power propulsion engine, which dramatically improves the ship's energy efficiency.
In preparation for the imminent Bacterian invasion, its development was promoted following the super spatiotemporal fighter Vic Viper. It was developed by Dr. Venom, who was Director General of the Space Science Agency under the direction of Emperor Lars. Its first test flight was done in 6665 from Nerba Base No. 12, were the Hyperdrive System 11 was proven to be unstable.
As Venom et al. were exiled after a coup attempt, the final adjustments of the psychic/Wreek power propulsion device were left for the engineers of the Space Agency, but advanced as expected and the ship was completed by the time of Venom's invasion.
- Width: 11,78m
- Length: 18,23m
- Height: 3,84m
- Weight: 13,2t
- Capacity: 1 seat
- Engine: Psychic/Wreek Power Engine
- Standard Armed Equipment: 5
- Maximum Armed Equipment: 16
- Maximum Speed: 40 warp
- Cruise Speed: 8 warp
Special power ups
In addition to the extra weapons, there are special powerups that grant the Metalion extra abilities for a limited time. They are:
- Vector Laser - Shoot a very powerful and wide but slow wall-like laser.
- E. Slow - Slows down everything, making it easier to dodge bullets and enemies.
- Option Warrior - The same as Rolling Options.
- Rotary Drill - The Metalion spins around like a drill and destroys anything it hit. It is invincible during this time.
Weapon differences (Nemesis '90 Kai)
- Missile: There's only one level.
- Napalm: Functions like the Spread Bomb of Gradius III.
- Up and Down Laser: There's only one level. Also, the power has been weakened.
- Laser: There's only one level.
- Options: Up to four can be equipped.
- Vector Laser: Fires delta shaped waves instead of an expanding wall; portions cannot break off to continue forward.
- Shield: Like in the arcade edition of Gradius, it flies in from the right side of the screen, and shrinks when hit or collides with terrain.
|Characters||James Burton (Metalion) • David Burton (Vixen) • Gaudie • Venom • Venom's Aides • Lars 17th • Wreek|
|Nemesis 2 stages||Colossus Planet • Plant Planet • Ancient Planet • Floating Continents • Planet of Fire • Living Planet • Sin • Asteroid Belt • Water Planet • Venom Mothership|
|Nemesis 3 stages||Sun • Plant • Gravity • Past-Boss • Moai • Hell • Sand • Cell • Factory • Gofer Ship|
|Nemesis 2 bosses||Sodd • Riot Warship • Misfit Warship • Big Core X10 • Mayhem Warship • Doom • Sinar • Abaddon Warship • Venom|
|Nemesis '90 Kai exclusive bosses||Lizard Core • Laser Core • Big Core MK II Kai • Beta Core|
|Nemesis 3 bosses||Geezer Butler • Hans Naughty • Tetran • Abaddon Warship • Misfit Warship • Big Core • Armored Saint • Lynyrd Skynyrd • Triumph Kicks • Killer Dwarf • Crab Warlock • Queensrÿche • Gofer|