Manbow is the final boss from Space Manbow. It also appears as a guest boss in the boss rush from Otomedius Gorgeous. In the boss rush mode, it is accompanied by a re-arranged version of Moan, the theme song of the last boss in Space Manbow.
The Space Manbow is a benevolent Bio-mechanical organism with a near impregnable forcefield. Due to its large size, it requires a lot of energy to survive. Due to this, its main food supply is other planets, making this a being feared by many species.
In the original game, scientists came up with a plan to activate a teleporter deep inside ancient ruins that housed the Space Manbow and a massive collection of robots still active after the fall of the planets civilization. By using this teleporter, the player was able to teleport inside.
- During the stage it will launch blue lasers off-screen from its back. The player must dodge these lasers or hide behind asteroids.
- Three turrets fire lasers from a spinning circle in its center outward.
- The wings fire bullets and missiles that explode into bullets that spread outwards.
- Two turrets in the head fire a total of 8 lasers.
- When it goes to the left, it sends out flying bombs from it's mouth.
- When it returns to the right side, it releases large blue lasers from it's rear as it accelerates.
- It may perform the first and third attacks at the same time.
- Manbow means "Sunfish" in Japanese.
- In Otomedius Gorgeous, true to it's origin, it has no core. It can be hit anywhere like the Eyegol.
- Manbow also appears in the anime Best Student Council episode, "Destitution Student Council".
|Ships and Characters||Manbow-J • Kliever Mu|
|Stages||Ground Area • Wall Area • Cave Area • Energy Conversion Area • Energy Furnace • Dust Area • Cave Ruins Area • Space Area|
|Bosses||Shatterer • Stag Head • Luanmo • Riger • Naga • Golditz • Warp Machine • Manbow|