The Boss Rush (also known as "Boss Parade" or "Boss Alley") is a stage introduced in Gradius II and features bosses from past games, such as Gradius and Salamander. The rush consists mainly of five or more classic bosses, and always at the end, a new original boss from the game itself appears.
- Gradius II - Boss Rush
- Gradius III (arcade, SNES) - Boss Rush
- Gradius IV: Fukkatsu - Boss Rush
- Gradius V - Planet Gradius City Sky A, Bacterian Multiplication Plant
- Gradius Gaiden - Formidable Guardians
- Nemesis 3 - Past-Boss
- Otomedius Gorgeous - Valhalla
- Otomedius Excellent - Dark Force's Ambition Part 1
The following boss rushes added theme songs for the respective bosses:
- Aircraft Carrier for the Zub Rush and Big Core.
- Poison of Snake for Salamander / Life Force bosses.
- Take Care! for Gradius II bosses.
- Dark Force for Gradius III bosses.
- Titans for Gradius IV bosses.
- Otomedius added musics from different stages or other games to supplement their boss rush like Burn the Wind, Mazed Music, Falsion Boss Theme, Eva's offensive Stars (Detana Twinbee), Gradius V boss theme, etc.