With the power bar reading SBMLN?, the Big Core Custom is armed with additional weapon choices, a Speed Up option in the first slot, and a Shield in the last slot to recover lost barriers one at a time. Pressing the upper left button over the keypad will activate the highlighted slot, and the upper right button will change what weapon you use.
- Beam Shot - This is the Big Core's iconic four-shot laser weapon with two levels. It starts as a two-shot with little rapid fire, then upgrades to the four-shot which fires at a rapid rate.
- Missile - This three-level weapon shoots a stream of up to six medium-sized missiles across the screen. It starts at two missiles, then goes to four, and finally to six.
- Laser - This three-level weapon shoots a powerful red laser that is similar to the Force Viper's Wide Laser from Gradius Neo. It starts out small, but at its full power following two power-ups, the laser is as large as the Big Core itself.
- Area Napalm - This two-level weapon sets up a 3 ✕ 3 grid that stays in position relative to the ship as you move. Pressing a button from 1 to 9 on your phone's number pad will bomb the corresponding grid square, and any target within that grid will be hit by a small spread blast. Powering up this weapon increases the number of napalm blasts fired.
- It is unknown why exactly this Big Core is escaping. Unfortunately, it is destroyed by the Force Viper at the end.
|Gradius NEO Series|
|Characters/Ships||Force Viper • Big Core Custom • Lars Empire|
|Gradius NEO Bosses||Satellite Core • Crystal Moai • Gigantic • Ogre Shield • Big Core X 3 • Central Server|
|Gradius NEO Imperial Bosses||Big Core • Satellite Core MK II • Deadalus • Crystal Moai • Genocide Core|